Friday, July 08, 2005

Ctrl C + Ctrl V

Well this seems to be the mantra that is used everywhere these days. We used it a lot during our MBA and now I am using it again at Infosys.

I should say that we call cleared MBA thanks to Google uncle and to copy + paste. Where would we go without it?.

Well it has followed me again to Infosys (like it has to most of us in our respective companies). I spend the entire day just doing that. I kept searching for documents and then when I found them all I did was Ctrl C + Ctrl V. This is how proposals are made at Infy. As simple as that. Nerally 80 - 90% of the work happens this way. The remaining is typed with the help of some gyaan from the tech guy or the delivery manager.

Though this command existed I was not able to use it to the fullest towards the end of the day. I had to type some documents because we have only received a hard copy of the RFP and these documents have to be typed on the Infy letter head and needs the signatures of the top guns. After which they have to be couriered to the client. So I spend nearlly 3 hours typing all the documents and finally by 9pm I finished my work for the day. I would like to emphasise here that I did use copy+paste on a few occasions cos a few documents were the same except for some minor changes.

Spent 13 hours at office (the longest I have so far) and at the end of it all I have to say is...

3 cheers to Ctrl C + Ctrl V!!!

MORE OF THE SAME FOR THE NEXT 3-6 MONTHS!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Arun R said...

Boy, was i glad reading ur post without the "!!!" marks.... but as I neared the end... there they are.. !!!

Just like Rupak put in the mail replying to the war of mails,

Driven by Ctrl+C
Powered by Ctrl+V

10:21 AM  
Blogger சுந்தர் / Sundar said...

thanks a lot for sharing . Real good . Hope without Ctlr C , Ctlr V I cannot work now a days

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home