Friday, December 29, 2006

A post after Long – the last for the year!!!

Well it’s been more than 6 months since I wrote my last post. Reasons, well there was only one and that was I was very lazy and didn’t feel like writing. I finally felt that since we are approaching the end of the year its better that I write at least an update from my end as to what I had been doing all these days.

The last post I had written was on the Football world cup. And yes I did get a new TV (SONY Flat screen 21”) especially for the World Cup because being a football freak this was a tournament I wasn’t going to miss. And what a tournament it was. It had all the goals and all the drama. The Rooney sending off and yes of course the well documented Zidane Head butt. It was a tournament where the stars of Brazil and England just disappointed. But at the end of it all the side most thought wouldn’t win but a very deserving side Italy lifted the world cup.

Well the world cup came and went and my search for a project came to an end. I got into a pretty decent project and for the next 6 months I was involved in the project. I had my apprehensions in the beginning as to whether it would be good and whether I would be able to do well. Learnt a lot of things in the project. Had a couple of iffy moments in the project but overall it was a good learning experience.

In between all this the EPL season kicked off and what a season it has been. Brilliant goals and some absolutely breathtaking football. Have tried to make it a point to watch the games every week. Well have not totally succeeded at it but still working hard at it. And yes of course nice to Manchester United at the top of the league. Cristiano Ronaldo has been absolutely awesome. If you ask me he has been the best player this season. The title race will surely go down to the wire and it will be interesting to watch how it progresses next year.

Dad retired in September and since then it has been a tough task to try and keep him occupied. He started getting very tense because he did not get an extension from his last employer and he really had some expectation from them. Well, now he has started searching at various other places and hopefully something should fall in place at the turn of the year.

Mom wanted to continue working for the next 3-4 years and hence wanted to continue staying at Managlore. So the topic that came up was whether to buy a house or to rent one. After long deliberation and repeated fights we finally bought a flat in Mangalore. It’s a 2 bedroom house, 875 sq.ft and is on the 9th floor. Both Mom and Dad are happy with it. Initially I was not happy at buying the house but then finally decided that if that’s what makes them happy then so be it.

We celebrated my dad’s 60th birthday on Sep 9th at Thrucadayur temple. It was a great feeling and my parents were very happy. About 20 of my relatives made it to the function. It was well appreciated on all counts and we were happy giving our parents a happy memory. My sisters and I were just happy that we were able to do something for our parents who have done so much for us.

Topics of marriage have been talked about at home. But for now I have laid such topics to rest by saying that I am not interested. May be there is something in store at the turn of the year. I will keep you guys posted.

Towards the end of my project I was getting very jittery as to how much time I would have to spend on the bench and so on and if I do get a project where would it be. Well all such things were laid to rest pretty soon. Within 10 days after my project came to an end I was told of an opportunity of a new project in Bangalore and I have been slotted into that assignment. As of today it’s for 4- months but could extend to well over a year. Lets see how things go. Have been in this project for the last 1month and it has been a learning experience so far. Let see what’s in store.

Couple of my friends got married this year. Chintan & Akanksha in April and Sujay & Rachitha in November. Had been to both the weddings. Ha a really good times. Some more lined up next year. Priya, Chalapathy and Dipti in Jan, Bhadra & DC in Feb. Will write about them at the appropriate time.

One thing that hasn’t changed yet is the travel on Hosur Road day in and day out. It’s definitely a challenge but one we have got used to. Work is on to construct a new elevated highway and I am sure that when a work starts off in full sing for the construction of the flyover we all are going to have some really long and irritating drives back home.

Well 2006 has been a pretty good year for me. Lets se what 2007 has in store. Hopefully I will write more next year.

Here’s me signing off in 2006, wishing all you guys a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arun R said...

I too wud agree that 2006 was a decent year.

Has a nice time visiting places to attend all those marriages. More to come this year, but the thing is no leaves... :(

All the best for the "more to come at the turn of the year" event with regard to your wedding!!!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home